There should be no bars

A long time ago, when I was just about to cross the front door, 5-year-old Lucas called me:

"Waaaiiit!"
I turned to him, waiting. He asked:
"Where are you going?"
"To pick up uncle Tom."
"can I come with you?"
"He's drunk," I said.
"Can I come with you?" he insisted.
"ok, but you gotta be careful because of the cars."

Then I took his his small hand. On that moment, I become aware of his hands' size as I have not for a long time.

On our way to my drunk father, he said:

"There should be no bars, don't you agree?"
"Yeah, there should be no bars," I replied.
"There should be bakeries, instead," he said. "They're much better".

Then I stood there, surprised, thinking about these everyday small thoughts - those ones we do not give some though to anymore.

People - small people - can teach us a lot!

Today, Lucas is ten years old.

Há alguns anos, quando eu tava saindo pelo portão, Luquinhas grita:

- Espeeeeera, onde você vai?
- Vou buscar o tio Otonho.
- Deixa eu ir?
- Ele tá bêbado.
- Deixa eu ir?
- Tá bom, mas cuidado com os carros.
 
Então peguei sua mãozinha. De repente, percebi o tamanho dela, como há muito não o tinha.
No caminho, eis que:
 
"Não deveria ter bar, né?"
"É, não deveria".
"Deveria ter padaria. Bem melhor".
 
Entao, surpresa, fiquei pensando nessas coisas do dia a dia. Coisas que não pensamos mais, não damos atenção. As pessoas, as pessoas pequenas, podem nos ensinar muito!
 
Hoje, Luquinhas tem dez anos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obrigada por comentar!